Nick Hodges, Marco Cantu: Will you now be charging (or restricting) future CodeRage events to only those people with (Platinum) subscriptions?

Nick Hodges, Marco Cantu: Will you now be charging (or restricting) future CodeRage events to only those people with (Platinum) subscriptions?

In the David I era (it pains me to write that phrase!), I was always tremendously impressed with the amount of effort applied towards Delphi developer education/motivation. I was quite disheartened with the Idera acquisition and did not renew my subscription (due to lack of funds and the fact there was nothing I saw in product planning I had any interest in).

The 'organizational smell' of Embarcadero under Idera was of a company ready to split the parts up they thought made money (maybe C++ Builder) and sell or shutdown the other parts. The 'smell' of them charging for CodeRage is another bad omen!

Comments

  1. Where does it say Embarcadero will be charging for future CodeRages? CodeRage XI had 2 free days and 1 day with exclusive content for Subscribers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On second thought - this is fairly important - but - Fred Ahrens posted the exact same topic 6 hours earlier. One thread should be enough, don't you think?

    This post belongs on the official forums. I go to great length to keep any policy or biz. practice issues away from this community.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment