Very frustrated tonight. All subscription versions of Delphi (XE8 through 10.1 Berlin) stopped working tonight while I was working on a time-critical project. Cannot re-register--too many installs. However, I have only installed once, except for the reinstall required by the latest update.

Very frustrated tonight. All subscription versions of Delphi (XE8 through 10.1 Berlin) stopped working tonight while I was working on a time-critical project. Cannot re-register--too many installs. However, I have only installed once, except for the reinstall required by the latest update.

Are Lazarus and FreePascal viable alternatives for my future programming endeavors?

Comments

  1. David Millington Thanks for the input. I've reported my problem. In fact, it first happened during an IDE start when I was without any network connection. Sounds like a bug to me...
    What is weird is that the local Delphi 10 Seattle install (with the same serial number and license) continues to work without any problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happened to me today too (Berlin going to www tamper page, all other ides running fine). Rebooted Windows and Berlin now runs fine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally ended by uninstalling Berlin, then I will make a re-install for the upcoming Tokyo version! I will stick with Seattle/Delphi 7/CrossKylix/FPC as main compilers. Yes - Delphi 7 - because it is light and fast, and never complains about an invalid licence! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment