I had to reinstall Win 10. Bummer. After reinstalling Firebird I can have only one connection open. If I try another connection it gets this:" [FireDAC][Phys][FB]I/O error during "CreateFile (open)" operation for file "my.FDB" Error while trying to open file The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. "

I had to reinstall Win 10. Bummer. After reinstalling Firebird I can have only one connection open. If I try another connection it gets this:" [FireDAC][Phys][FB]I/O error during "CreateFile (open)" operation for file "my.FDB" Error while trying to open file The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. "
I have made sure that FB is the SuperServer kind. I have used gfix -online.
How can I get back to multiple connections?

FB 2.5.?
Delphi xe7

Thanks...Dan'l

Comments

  1. Dan Statham - Comment with religious message removed. This community is not for that type of message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That message comes from the FB server. So your problem has to do with server processes and db file access. Likely the DAC is using embedded architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure why FB 2.5 worked differently than it did pre-reinstall. I installed FB 3 and had the same problem. I found the "Settings for Architecture Configuration" section and changed the ServerMode from Super to SuperClassic. Rebooted and I am back in business.
    Thanks...Dan'l

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment