I'm seeing different behavior between Windows and a MacOS program in FMX (Berlin).

I'm seeing different behavior between Windows and a MacOS program in FMX (Berlin).

Is this due to a Mac standard or ???.

If in my application the main form and a non-modal floating form are both showing:

In Windows, if I click on the form that doesn't have focus, TWO things happen: the form gets the focus AND the click event is passed to whatever control I click on (e.g. a TCheckBox).

On the Mac, the click does only the first of the above: changing the focus to the form.

I'm not enough of a Mac person to know if this is standard behavior on Macs.

Any ideas?

Comments

  1. David Nottage "the control being clicked responds as if that window already had focus." Apparently MacOS apps are not consistent on this issue! :-(

    Clever solution you provided. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My impression is that on mac a control responds immediately (and steals the focus) only when it is the default control, i.e. the default button. On Windows, I think the standard behaviour is as Jeroen Wiert Pluimers describes the response to two click. Hover over controls and scrolling, however, don't require the window to have the focus

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment