Is anyone else having trouble with Project Groups in Delphi/Berlin?

Is anyone else having trouble with Project Groups in Delphi/Berlin?

I have 6 or 7 projects in a group. The source code for the projects has many common units, shared across most, but not all projects.

The problem is that when I highlight one project and hit F9 or ^F9, the IDE starts compiling unrelated projects. Often, the other projects are not ready for compilation, so the compile dies on the wrong project.

I want the IDE to compile only the highlighted project (like it did before Berlin) and ignore the other projects in the group. I really don't care that the other projects are broken... I want the selected one to compile to completion.

It looks like the mouse menus work in the Project Manager, but the hot keys are completely messed up... Unless there is some new feature in the IDE that I need to deactivate.

Comments

  1. I guess you are certain the active project is the one you want to compile, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vaguely remember to have heard something similar some weeks ago, but I cannot remember the solution.
    Is anything checked under Project - Dependencies? On the other hand, that should make no difference how the compile is started.
    Are there any experts installed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't got an ide handy but there is an option on the first IDE options page about compiling related projects - you should switch it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same thing. Sometimes all my projects would compile.
    The problem was that I had checked the 'Always compile modified projects' flag on the Environment page of Tools|Options.
    When I modified a common file this made all the projects compile.
    Un-checked it and the problem went away.

    HTH...Dan'l
    https://plus.google.com/photos/...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check the next circunstance. May be you have in some projects, mainly components, the option "Compile when needed" active. This is not a problem but... if in your main project you have included a unit of this other project, in his version of source code, this may produce to the first project the notification that a unit was modified and fires the automatic compilation.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan Statham Bingo! I didn't realize that it applied to all projects in a Group. I unchecked that IDE option and everything is back to normal. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment