Call for help! Contact Jan Barendregt on the official forums ASAP.

Call for help! Contact Jan Barendregt on the official forums ASAP.

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=249362&tstart=30
This is the contents of the post by Jan:

Hi all,

I have developed several software products, which are mostly available for free (www.epigear.com). Three of these are Excel for Windows add-ins, using the C-interface of Excel. One is a Monte Carlo simulation program (Ersatz), one a meta-analysis program (MetaXL), and one a bunch of handy functions such as integration (EpigearXL). All interface with Excel using one general unit, and one specific one that defines the particular functions in that package. The library is compatible with Excel pre-2007, and with Excel 2007+, both 32 and 64 bit (Excel 2010+). I use Delphi 7, XE2 and XE7. The software is stable, but Microsoft has this habit of upgrading Excel and often that means that my stuff may have to be adapted because of some non-documented change in the internals of Excel. The software is mostly being used in research environments (universities), both students and staff, because it is either free (MetaXL, EpigearXL) or cheap (Ersatz).
So what is my problem? I have been diagnosed with cancer for which no curative treatment is available, and I won't be around much longer (months rather than years, I reckon). The users (and I) would like the software to remain available, and upgraded as necessary and/or desirable. The problem is that I don't know a single person able to handle the technical stuff: interfacing with the C-API of Excel is a bit of a black art, especially when using Object Pascal. So my questions are "are there people around who would like to take this on?" and "what format would this need: open source or something like that?".

I'd appreciate opinions, offers, ideas, anything that might help.

Thanks,
Jan Barendregt
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=249362&tstart=30

Comments

  1. I wish I had time. But I don't. So I re-shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone would be able to learn how the interface works by having the source code, yes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment