Cloning a TnxMemTable cursor

Cloning a TnxMemTable cursor

Hello!

I have a RemObjects server with an in-memory NexusDB on it.
I have a service datamodule that needs to insert data into it and, from what I understand, my best option is to do so via tables. Obviously, I don't want to deal with locking (D'oh!) so I would like to do something a-la client dataset which allows you to clone a cursor and point at the same data.
I have looked around the various methods and I can't find anything that seems conducive of reaching that goal.

Has anybody ever done this? Have you got hints?

Thanks.

Comments

  1. I have no experience with NexusDB. If it is a "fully featured" RDBMS then you won't be needing to lock when doing inserts. Of, course, if you update aggregations in after update triggers, then you would perhaps. The "generator" of RDBMSs lives outside of transaction context just for this purpose.

    Also, you say this is a service DM with an in-memory DB. So the server is a singleton? Could you not serialize the operations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I am aiming at making it work in a way that is easy to understand and "localise". Once I get that working properly, I will need to look into making it better. I want to make it so that it can be picked up and understood easily by anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, i think you lost me there. Not enough info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I need now is a proof of concept that can be made easy to understand. To this effect, cloning a cursor is something most Delphi developers understand due to MIDAS. Using any form of syncrhonization isn't going to be nearly as easy as a cursor cloning. Serializing the operations is a form of synchronization.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, but i do not get why you would need or want to clone. That sounds very implementation-specific to me. I only ever used it for in-mem metadata when in an dataset form. All other cases i have the RDBMS to do that for me. I'm not being helpful here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment