I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction...

I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction...

I deploy a set of images with my mobile app and want to create a picker UI - just a vertical grid of images (the deployed files).

Which approach would you recommend?

I thought of using the TStringGrid or flow layout control and dynamically creating a TImage for each image I load from storage but there may be 30+ of them which I'm concerned will be terrible performance.
I know Firemonkey and lots of embedded child controls isn't great for performance, but not sure of an alternative?

Comments

  1. Btw, I wont really use a StringGrid for this. FlowLayout, GridLayout(Panel) or ListBox are far better candidates. Somewhere I recall Eli M pointing out that you can use TRectangle as the bitmap containers, since they are very lightweight objects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexander Sviridenkov thank you, I've been looking for an infinite scrolling list view for ages so this is really helpful! I'll give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agustin Ortu good advice. I've used the same trick with TRectangle before and it definitely is faster so that's a good idea. If I need to create a custom UI (after I've tried Alexanders control) I'll try your ideas and let you know how I get on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment