Does Embarcadero urgently need fresh money?! My Delphi maintenance contract is to expire in September 2017. Already in the middle of May I got an email, telling me that my maintenance contract is about to expire soon (OK, we now have an idea what timeframe is "soon"). I ignored it.

Does Embarcadero urgently need fresh money?! My Delphi maintenance contract is to expire in September 2017. Already in the middle of May I got an email, telling me that my maintenance contract is about to expire soon (OK, we now have an idea what timeframe is "soon"). I ignored it.
Today (end of June) I got a phone call from +1 512.226.8*** on my voice box. I could not understand the name, but the guy says he would like to talk about renewing my Delphi maintenance contract.
Here in Germany I've never got phone calls from the US regarding contracts or other sales in the past. Strange. Did they close the EMEA office in germany?
Someone here also got those calls?

Comments

  1. AFAIK the maintenance was handled from the UK in the past. This might have changed since the takeover by Idera. My personal experience is getting a renewal quote some 2-3 months before the subscription ends. To be honest, I have companies as customers where this time frame can still be rather tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Germany you can get the most money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are close to the end of a sales quarter and eager to get their sales targets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeroen Wiert Pluimers Short sighted management.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly sending emails 2-3 times a week targeting NEW customers to long-time EXISTING customers is a sure-fire strategy to grow a market.

    Has anybody ever seen a special discount offer or for extra goodies for EXISTING customers? Other than "save by renewing your SA early"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just email back and say contact me when there's 2 weeks to go

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment