Embarcadero is bombarding me with offers for free stuff like Interbase licenses, free RAD Server licenses, free 2nd Embarcadero product etc.

Embarcadero is bombarding me with offers for free stuff like Interbase licenses, free RAD Server licenses, free 2nd Embarcadero product etc.

... but only if I would upgrade from Starter to Pro or from Pro to Enterprise.

The problem is, we are already on Enterprise level, for years, with subscription ... those offers are not relevant for me.

It's discouraging to receive offers for free stuff that I actually can't get as a loyal Enterprise subscriber. It's almost like Embarcadero want's to encourage me to stop the subscription and go back to our usual 3 to 4 year upgrade cycle.

Comments

  1. >It's almost like Embarcadero want's to encourage me to stop the subscription and go back to our usual 3 to 4 year upgrade cycle.

    I think that would be more cost effective (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it seems they don't have us all categorized in their database for effective marketing. If only they had some database tools.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you signed up for Starter or downloaded some other thing like the FireMonkey PDF your email will probably go in as a "Starter" customer again which is why you would receive Starter to Pro upgrade emails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eli M And that again suggests that they are doing little or nothing to analyze the data and direct their marketing. On checking, I saw that before I opted out, I was getting e-mail in my work account six days a week. Who would NOT find that annoying?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill Meyer
    > Who would NOT find that annoying?

    they are trying to sell you stuff, I think they care less about how you feel (;

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's terrible. I delete all Emba mails without reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ralf Stocker Why not use the unsubscribe option?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ronald Klitsche you might miss the free offers for existing subscription customers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment