Hi, I have encounter some issues trying to import a VCL Delphi 2009 project to Delphi Tokyo 10.2, Works fine in Delphi XE6.

Hi, I have encounter some issues trying to import a VCL Delphi 2009 project to Delphi Tokyo 10.2, Works fine in Delphi XE6.

1. It won't create a win32 or Win64 folder neither the corresponding Release or Debug sub directories.
2. It won't compile the project to the project folder unless I specify the output folder manually in the project options. This is done automatically in new projects.
3. Can not create self-signed certificate.
It happens only with this old project new projects seems to be fine.

Comments

  1. Start with a new .dproj as the .dproj version conversion within various Delphi versions often messes up.

    Easiest is to keep both Delphi versions open next to each other, then apply all your settings from the old one in the new one.

    It's usually also a good moment to see if you can abstract settings to a higher level (for instance from Win32 Debug up to Win32 or even above that) and to get rid of hard-coded names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I created a new project deleted the default Unit1, then I added all my units from the old projects, it seems to work I just need to add the icons and my setting.

    Should I update the unit names using NameSpaces? is it recommended ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gil Padilla no need for namespaces. Glad you solved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment