[UPDATE: Problem solved by deleting CatalogRepository - but I'm still interested in the Pros and Cons for using the ISO image]


[UPDATE: Problem solved by deleting CatalogRepository - but I'm still interested in the Pros and Cons for using the ISO image]

It's now the second day I can't install RAD Studio via the Web Installer.
As I have to get forward with this I consider using the ISO image for installation.

Are there any pros and cons using the ISO image?
Is there a known error that might prevent installation via the Web Installer?
[Edit: download seems to work for DirectX and Interbase components, as soon as the download of Common Core components starts, the installation stalls]

Comments

  1. Very informative error message, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gustav Schubert That helped a little bit. Now I get a "cancelled by user" error message every now and then. But clicking "Retry" brings me always a few MB forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always download the ISO and install from that. So I don't need an internet connection and a working Embarcadero server if I want to install again. Unfortunately nowadays, with the grace period gone, I need Internet immediately afterwards to activate the installation, so the advantage is no longer that large.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attila Kovacs There was no helpful info in the GetIt log.
    My question regarding Web Installer/ISO is serious - even if it's the same product, there seems to be some differences like missing configuration with Web Installer (ActiveX?) and some other limitations . Thomas Muellerhas a good point why using the ISO might be the better idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always had issues using the online installer. It's a HUGE amount of data that needs to be downloaded, and if there's a delay for any reason, the installer just stops in its tracks and you have to restart. So I just download the ISO and run it from there. It's way faster that way regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like they could consider going back to InstallAware for their online installer.
    InstallAware automatically resumes broken downloads after a grace period timeout.
    That hasn't been my experience with their new online installer, and yes, the error messages follow the new Microsoft trend of "Something happened" without providing any useful details whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment