Originally shared by Kim Madsen

Originally shared by Kim Madsen

A universal binary parser made available as part of kbmMW Enterprise Edition
http://components4developers.wordpress.com/2017/07/03/kbmmw-binary-parser-1/

Comments

  1. This is very interesting, and deserves more than five +1s.

    I've worked with a few different binary file formats, and designed one. I'm a big fan of indexing, ie index tuples at the beginning and end of a file, so that instead of parsing the entire file you can have fast lookup to any part.

    I saw you currently only support fixed-length telegrams, too. It's probably a result of the area I was working in, but I dealt with variable-length ones a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact one "spare-time" project I'd like to do is define an extensible, multi-purpose binary file format and make it available as a library to Delphi and C++ developers. The kind of thing where you can use it to stream any data you have, including relationships to other data.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With some energy it would be possible to extend and "make smarter" the current parser, so feel free to contribute cool additions to it if you get around to that :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment