Hello

Hello

I have a question on the IDE behavior.

You can define a layout for the design time and an other for debug time...but I offently move the IDE at debug time to let me see a console window for instance (I use that a lot for debug purpose)...and each time I restart the application, the IDE returns to it's original place.

I can save the layout for good, but I need that only for a couple of hours, not permanently. The default layout is just fine most of the time.

Don't you think that the window should remain at the same place ? at least until I close Delphi or load an other project ? Then it will reload the saved layout.

Comments

  1. You are aware that you can save multiple layouts, and load those to overwrite the current default at your leisure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lars Fosdal yes, but I don't wont to save the layout each time I move the IDE while debugging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul TOTH , you don't do it every time - you do it once. Save your current layout to a new layout if necessary. Change your layout, move your window, save it as default debug layout, and do the job. After you are done, load the previous layout, save it as default debug layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The current system is flexible enough to satisfy your needs. Use the available functionality.
    One of the first things with a new installation is to save my most used layouts: coding, design and debug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have six "standard layouts", 3 for each mode. 4K, 3K (native laptop) and FullHD for presentation mode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My recurring annoyance is the fact that i cannot easily copy the design layout to the debug layout. Because in (not too few) some circumstances the repainting of the IDE takes too long. I have posted and whined about this before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dany Marmur What about selecting the Design layout as the Debug layout? After all those are only names.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would really like a better/easier method for selecting some desktops. Currently it's either using the mouse and clicking on the combobox several times, or using a submenu of the view menu, which at least can be done by keyboard. I'd like to be able to define tool buttons and/or keyboard shortcuts for (some of) them. Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uwe Raabe i'll check again. But i'm quite sure (w/o desktop access) that i tried that too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment