I am absolutely baffled by this so I thought I would throw it out here in order to see if anyone else has had a...

I am absolutely baffled by this so I thought I would throw it out here in order to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I am connecting to a PervasiveSQL server using FireDAC / ODBC. Everything seemed to be working fine, I can read and write data just fine using queries, but for some reason when I try to use direct access to a FDTable it crashes my server. It does this consistently on a few test servers I have tried. I am literally doing

FDTable1.Edit();
FDTable1['Field1'] := 'value';
FDTable1.Post();

As soon as post is called I get an exception with a message of "SQL_ERROR" (nothing else) and the server must be restarted.

Anyone ever experience this? This issue is making it impossible for me to even attempt to use FireDAC (this is my first production FD project). Any help or guidance appreciated!

Windows 32bit app developed in Win 10 x64 w/ Delphi 10 Seattle

Comments