I've been tracking down why it doesn't seem to be replacing some of my updated data files when deployed to iOS - even though they're set to "overwrite = always" in the Deployment Manager (and they definitely have a newer modified date).

I've been tracking down why it doesn't seem to be replacing some of my updated data files when deployed to iOS - even though they're set to "overwrite = always" in the Deployment Manager (and they definitely have a newer modified date).

Looking into System.Startup, it has the following:

if not FileExists(Dst+SearchRec.Name) then
begin
TFile.Copy(Src+SearchRec.Name, Dst+SearchRec.Name, False); // copy without overwriting.
end

I can't find anywhere it honours the overwrite property - and in fact never seems to overwrite if already exists.

This seems such a massive omission, that I wanted to check before logging with QC. Am I missing something obvious?

I'm on Berlin Update 1.

Thanks

Comments

  1. Chris Pimlott What's the report number? Also, does modifying System.StartupCopy solve the issue, and what modification needs to be made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Nottage I did - though i basically removed the check for whether the file existed - it just copies regardless as that's fine for my app. I didn't have long to try to get it working so needs a better solution really. But yes, that fixed it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment