I can't seem to find a good reactive programming library for Delphi.

I can't seem to find a good reactive programming library for Delphi...and even less for Delphi 7 which is one of my constraints.

I need to communicate between a dcef3 TChromium view, which is embedded in my application, and the rest of the App. From my understanding, the RTTI limitations of Delphi 7 stop me from directly registering a Delphi object in the Chromium JavaScript context (although this is possible in more recent versions of Delphi).

As a workaround, my main form and the TChromium form communicate through json messages only: the main form passes data to the TChromium view by calling JavaScript functions. The TChromium view in turn sends its response back to the main form through console.log() messages (because it is possible register Delphi console message callbacks). So, on the Delphi side, a callback is used to parse the json. As noted previously, this poor man's messaging is a workaround for the RTTI limitations in Delphi 7 (I tried to register directly cef3 extensions and find them to messy).

I would like to further extend this communication mechanism using a reactive model. In other words, when a stream of json "messages" are returned from JavaScript, I would like to be able to trigger events and/or update my app's state on the Delphi side.

Finally to my question: is there a good reactive programming library for Delphi (in particular Delphi 7!), which would help me with the grunt work?

Comments