I've just downloaded Tokyo Update 1 to see how well the various Android keyboard fixes work and it seems like it's as bad as in Berlin.

I've just downloaded Tokyo Update 1 to see how well the various Android keyboard fixes work and it seems like it's as bad as in Berlin.

Before I log it with QC, could someone else please confirm what I'm seeing and on which phone(s)?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Samsung keyboard but apparently it can happen with others such as the LG phones.

Simple Android app with Tokyo Update 1. Add a text box (ControlStyle can be Styled or Platform - doesn't seem to matter). The keyboard type doesn't seem to matter either.

In the box, try typing joe@googlemail.com

Just as you type the first "g", it seems to autocompletes and re-add both to the text box to become: joe@gojoe@googlemail - which is really annoying!

It would be great to understand the extent of this so I can report it fully.

Thanks!

Comments

  1. Delphi uses a proxy between what it shows and the JView that the keyboard sees. The password setting is changed on the JView (which is not visible in Delphi because FMX draws it's own control and doesn't use native controls). The FMX side respects the IsPassword setting still while the JView side is always set to IsPassword thereby disabling predictive text. FTextView appears to be the invisible(?) JView that the keyboard sees. I only tested it with a TEdit and TMemo and TTMSFMXEdit. So no I would say it is not extensively tested. I did test it quite a bit to actually find the workaround.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli M Wow! That's incredibly detailed - thanks for the explanation! I'll have a go at implementing it and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Eli M , I've just made the changes you suggested and it worked really well! The only oddity is if I have the KeyboardType set as EmailAddress, it still shows the auto-complete but other types it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment