Really of topic; when committing to your own (private repo) the comments may be whatever. When you commit to something public, "you" (or some of us) think once more before hitting the keyboard.

Really of topic; when committing to your own (private repo) the comments may be whatever. When you commit to something public, "you" (or some of us) think once more before hitting the keyboard.

Saw any funny/scary commit comments recently?

I did this (other saw it):

* pit stop (at a bar) - some fixes (?!)... Nah, maƱana.

Comments

  1. For me, I always try to keep comments "public"... because the public is going to be me, a year later, trying to figure out what on earth I was thinking. So I try to keep all commits, including in private, me-only repos, useful and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Millington that is as wise as the quote "code you wrote half a year ago could as well have been written by someone else". I have it in the back of my head that if that project ever gets attention i'll restart the repository. But, yes, that's one of those things the will bite back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡Dance like no one is seeing you and comment check-ins like everyone was seeing you!

    lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment