FireDAC on iOS

FireDAC on iOS

Hi

I'm using loads of TFDQuerys in an iOS application using SQLite. I have a global connection object they all use.

I'm suffering random crashes in the app (particularly on iPad Mini 3) that seem to related to my db accesses.

I'm using the usual desktop pattern..

aQuery := TFDQuery.Create(nil);

try
aQuery.Connection := MyGlobalConnection;
aQuery.SQL.Text := '...';
aQuery.Active := true;

// do things

finally
aQuery.Free;
end;

I've single stepped in to the 'Free' call, and the reference count doesn't seem to reduce to 0. It's mostly this that's making me wonder about a leak.
I've tried calling Close before the free and that appears to make no difference.
Any suggestions on what's going on?
Cheers

Comments

  1. Vince Bartlett Because, this nonsense is broken in the first place for compatibility reasons. If you remove that reason, then it can be fixed, but not sooner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment