I have to localize a project that I have made at work and also I'd like to localize two android apps (just for me). I was looking for something that was free and I have found gnugettext for Delphi.

I have to localize a project that I have made at work and also I'd like to localize two android apps (just for me). I was looking for something that was free and I have found gnugettext for Delphi.

After some researches I came here (http://developers-club.com/posts/264693/) and I have seen that there is an updated version of the gnugettext.pas! In fact it has the {$ifdef VER320} which is Tokyo.

I am going to use this since it seems pretty easy to use and I guess I have found a recent update in that post. Have you experience with this tool? Where did you look for it (a recent version)?

I have seen a similar post here about TsiLang, Sisulizer and others but if I want to use them (for work and myself) I have to pay. Note that I am looking for something that allows me to translate buttons, labels, strings and other basic VCL/FMX component. My program is basically a REST client with labels and buttons, so I really need something "easy"

Comments

  1. I have been using dxgettext for VCL programs for years. Works fine. But be warned, there is nobody actively working on it. I have committed the latest changes to the repository myself. Mostly it was updates to support newer versions of Delphi. But even there the translations for the RTL and VCL are not up to date. No idea about the state of FMX or even Android or iOS support. For maintaining the actual po files, I use Gorm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exactly are you asking? You've decided which to to use. What more are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using this for 5 years now to support 12 languages in an application with 1350 translatable strings. I don't want to think about what I would do without it.

    As an aside, it can also be used as a handy tool for creating aliases for database fields and field labels throughout your application. I can second Thomas Mueller's comments. For those that are interested, I think most of the original programming was done by Lars Dybdahl.

    Here is a link to old site from 2008. There quite a bit of useful, if not up-to date, information here.
    dxgettext.po.dk - About - GNU Gettext for Delphi and C++ Builder

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment