The localization of FMX and VCL projects is something that I really need at work and so far we've been using DKLang (but we don't really like it...). I have seen that here there are already topics about localization tools but I'd like to ask something different.

The localization of FMX and VCL projects is something that I really need at work and so far we've been using DKLang (but we don't really like it...). I have seen that here there are already topics about localization tools but I'd like to ask something different.

I need a component that is able to localize some strings that I input and it must work on FMX and VCL. I want to write one by my own so I can customize it and also we won't have to pay the expensive tools I can find online (not saying that they aren't good, but If I can get a solution for free by myself that's better :) ).

I already know how to create components and stuff. My question is: how should a localization component work to be efficient?

I don't need to change the language at runtime. I just need to input in my component a string, have the different translations and then (once the program opens) load the strings in the correct language. Everything VERY easy.

I would create a component that uses an INI file (loaded as resource) with the translations in various languages. Is this the proper way to do it? I mean, from my knowledge I thought that this would be the easiest thing but maybe there are other efficient ways to do it. What do you suggest??

Comments

  1. DuckDuckDelphi could be used to automatically iterate through all the controls with a Caption/Text property for translation. Might be less needed in VCL but for FMX would be really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DuckDuckDelphi uses extended RTTI and can be slow if it involves many UI controls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raffaele Miola​ contact me via mail (ti aiuto)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment