Hello Everybody

Hello Everybody,

I have an application developed in XE2 (Hot Fix 2 + IDE Fix Pack installed) that has started giving me the "out of memory" error message therefore I have to fix this in order to progress.
I Googled it and made sure my swap file is big enough but no joy. I have found some suggestion saying I should rename some .DLLs but I want to keep this as last resort.

In the end I found this article http://support.embarcadero.com/article/44279 suggesting I should compile via MSBuild.
I also found this questions https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8068481/how-to-build-using-msbuild-and-delphi-xe2 that helps me a bit but I don't understand if I can run this inside the IDE and how to do it or if I have to run from "DOS windows".

One last question. If I compile and run the application via MSBuild do I still have all the debug facilities in the IDE ?

Sorry for the multiple questions but this is something very new to me.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8068481/how-to-build-using-msbuild-and-delphi-xe2

Comments

  1. David Heffernan "It's not clear to me what is running out of memory. The IDE or your program. "

    Since he apparently forgot to tell you initially, it's clearly Alberto Paganini that's running out of memory! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embarcadero has actually improved the situation a lot with IDE running out of memory in the latest versions, so there are some things that are worth upgrading for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out the length of the library path was the culprit of the IDE out of memory error messages.
    I have reduced the length of the library path and the error messages have reduced dramatically.
    There are still a few out of memory messages tho.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment