I am using Tokyo (I have to because another person gave me a tokyo project) and I have to target android/ios. We all know that FMX is pretty broken under android and the patch fixed some issues but not all of them.

I am using Tokyo (I have to because another person gave me a tokyo project) and I have to target android/ios. We all know that FMX is pretty broken under android and the patch fixed some issues but not all of them.

I have always used the latest android sdk version BUT I didn't change the ndk (delphi installation offers v9 and the latest is 15). I use C++ and Qt but Qt is recommended with ndk version 10 (stable) since the later versions have issues.

I have put in delphi (tools > SDK Libraries) a new android sdk using NDK 10 dowloaded from google and not the ndk 9 given by delphi. Could this be a solution to the rendering/crash problems of fmx android?

I have noticed that a new simple app with only a webbrowser inside for example doesnt crash anymore after some time it is opened. Same thing with other apps that I made (berlin was ok but tokyo no). Also there are no rendering problems with grids, no random access violations when calling showmessage and I can render custom edits (before I had errors).

Can this be a solution (using a better ndk)? Have you ever tested it?

Comments

  1. Thing is that problems are not tied to the whole Android platform but to specific Android OS version.

    In my case, Tokyo compiled project are not correctly working under Android 4.x devices while they used to work with Berlin.

    I'm using the latest NDK + updated JRE 1.8 version. The best advice I can give you is to :

    - heavy test your project (specialy dialogs and grids)
    - create tickets for each encountered issue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "crash after a while" problem was fixed (unless there's another one I'm unaware of) without any changes to the NDK version, so I doubt that it is solving that particular issue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment