I am using Tokyo (I have to because another person gave me a tokyo project) and I have to target android/ios.

I am using Tokyo (I have to because another person gave me a tokyo project) and I have to target android/ios. We all know that FMX is pretty broken under android and the patch fixed some issues but not all of them.

I have always used the latest android sdk version BUT I didn't change the ndk (delphi installation offers v9 and the latest is 15). I use C++ and Qt but Qt is recommended with ndk version 10 (stable) since the later versions have issues.

I have put in delphi (tools > SDK Libraries) a new android sdk using NDK 10 dowloaded from google and not the ndk 9 given by delphi. Could this be a solution to the rendering/crash problems of fmx android?

I have noticed that a new simple app with only a webbrowser inside for example doesnt crash anymore after some time it is opened. Same thing with other apps that I made (berlin was ok but tokyo no). Also there are no rendering problems with grids, no random access violations when calling showmessage and I can render custom edits (before I had errors).

Can this be a solution (using a better ndk)? Have you ever tested it?

Comments