I'm using Delphi Tokyo 10.2 with Sybase SQLAnywhere 11 and / or 16. I've put a dbExpress TSQLConnection onto a VCL Form and can connect successfully to the database at design time. When I run the application, it gives the following error:

I'm using Delphi Tokyo 10.2 with Sybase SQLAnywhere 11 and / or 16. I've put a dbExpress TSQLConnection onto a VCL Form and can connect successfully to the database at design time. When I run the application, it gives the following error:

---------------------------
Debugger Exception Notification
---------------------------
Project Project3.exe raised exception class TDBXError with message 'Cannot load dbodbc*.dll library (error code 126). The dbodbc*.dll library may be missing from the system path or you may have an incompatible version of the library installed'.

dbodbc11.dll and dbodbc16.dll are in SysWow64. I've tried using regsvr32 for both and tried removing all of them and copying them and registering them one by one.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try to connect successfully at runtime?

Comments

  1. Oh, nevermind, I think I found the issue. It seems there are a few dbxasa.dll files and I seem to require the 32-bit version of it and not the 64-bit version. Tried copying different versions dbxasa.dll to the same folder as the project.exe and the 32-bit one worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle Miller Thanks Kyle. I agree and would prefer to use FireDAC but my first priority is to port legacy code and make sure it works using its existing code. I'll definitely look to using FireDAC in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment