I would like to have a property on all forms in project that indicates if the form has been translated to another language or not. So, I was thinking of adding a simple Translated: boolean; public property to TForm, so they would all get this new property.


I would like to have a property on all forms in project that indicates if the form has been translated to another language or not. So, I was thinking of adding a simple Translated: boolean; public property to TForm, so they would all get this new property.

But the problem I have now is that compile/build doesn't create new Vcl.Form.dcu file. I assume it has something to do with Library settings, folders, but can't really figure out how to set that it would build new .dcu file so I can use it.

Can somebody give me some pointers what I can do?

I use Delphi 10.1 Berlin; I have permissions to write in C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\lib\win32\release and C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\lib\win32\debug folders.

Here is my Library Directories settings screenshot:

Comments

  1. Thanks! I implemented a new Form class in small project first and works great! I put a new TMyForm class in unit that is used by all forms and a simple change of form class and it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Create a base form with everything you need in it and then descend from it whenever you need to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment