Ok, this is weird. I have an FMX project, and I accidentally deleted the form file (just the .FMX file). I didn't realize it until I opened the project, and it gave me some errors. So I copied it from a backup copy, but now when I do a full build, I get a bunch of these errors:

Ok, this is weird. I have an FMX project, and I accidentally deleted the form file (just the .FMX file). I didn't realize it until I opened the project, and it gave me some errors. So I copied it from a backup copy, but now when I do a full build, I get a bunch of these errors:

[dcc32 Hint] H2161 Warning: Duplicate resource: Type 12 (CURSOR GROUP), ID 32761; File c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad_studio\19.0\lib\Win32\release\Controls.res resource kept; file c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad_studio\19.0\lib\Win32\release\FMX.Controls.Win.res resource discarded.

I think there are some wires crossed, and it thinks the controls are both VCL and FMX. I can open another FMX project and do Build and it works fine. This one keeps giving me these errors for every visual control on the form.

Comments

  1. I am talking about the forms entry in the structure. There should be an entry with subnodes and ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uwe Raabe ok, I found it and noticed that the tag was missing, so I added it. Unfortunately, it does not make a difference. I still get the same Hints. I've gone through all of the Uses statements and there are none that would obviously try pulling in VCL components. Could this happen if a dependent file did this?

    It says these are for a CURSOR GROUP -- does this mean anything?

    There really ought to be a way to tell the compiler to prefer one type of resource over the other in cases like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Schwartz According to the message it already does. The first one wins.
    Are you using fully scoped unit names in your uses (and any 3rd party lib) or do you rely on the unit scope names?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment