EDIT: Pretty sure Fix-Pack solved the speed issue, as I installed it and things started flying. I was trying to be as stock as possible, in order to understand the advantages of D10.2 vs XE2 (what I was using). Also tried Delphi 10.2 Update 1, same speed issue.

EDIT: Pretty sure Fix-Pack solved the speed issue, as I installed it and things started flying. I was trying to be as stock as possible, in order to understand the advantages of D10.2 vs XE2 (what I was using). Also tried Delphi 10.2 Update 1, same speed issue.


Speed Issue: Find Declaration

I'm experiencing a delay in using the "Find Declaration" function in the IDE. Specifically, when I use it, it can take anywhere from 1 second to 20 seconds, the mouse turns to a WAIT and the IDE stops processing messages. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason and I haven't noticed a difference between code that just compiled or syntax checked vs lots of edits.

What can I do to speed things up?

I'm running a stock 10.2 install with no Fix-Pack. I have "Code Insight" and "Template Completion" turned OFF. But everything else is defaults.

My main *.dpr in the project has 137 units in the interface's uses clause.

Comments

  1. Disabling the LiveBinding packages helped me to get the IDE much faster. ... and +1 for the Fix Pack :) There seems to be a problem with opening forms if LiveBindings are enabled.
    You should check if the delay only happens if you try to find a declaration that requires opening another form or if it also happens if the declaration is in a non-form unit. I guess your IDE shows the declaration much faster if it is located in a non-form unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Installing Fix Pack made the "Find Declaration" fly.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment