Hello

Hello,

A few days ago I was bitten by the too long IDE Library Path a few days ago. I fixed by using the Environment Variables but I was wondering if there is a better way to solve the issue.
I have found a comment here http://www.uweraabe.de/Blog/2014/09/09/the-garbled-path-variable/ by David Heffernan but I don't know what he exactly refers to "Pointless to have these dirs in your path. I remove them all."
Does he refers to path that don't exist or ?

Can anybody help ? Maybe David directly.

p.s. on my side I was thinking to create a folder where to put all .DCUs. One place only.
This would shorten the Library Path on one side but on the other side I would not be able to find and remove the unusued .DCUs when no longer required.
http://www.uweraabe.de/Blog/2014/09/09/the-garbled-path-variable/

Comments

  1. Stefan Glienke "Using source for everything including 3rd party things imo is an anti pattern"

    Somewhere Richard Stallman just fainted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph Mitzen Nice try, you know what I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenn Kleidon created a simple little project he called project bundles that github.com - glenkleidon/bundles that is his way of dealing with project dependencies. It doesn't solve all the issues - but it can make things easier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment