I have an iOS app that displays an embedded web page, when I change the content of the web page (i.e. I edited one of the image in the web page) and update the app it still remembers the old image?

I have an iOS app that displays an embedded web page, when I change the content of the web page (i.e. I edited one of the image in the web page) and update the app it still remembers the old image?

But when I delete the previous app and install the new one the content of the web page is updated.

Also, things that was save using TRegIni is also retained after update.

It also occurs when downloading via testflight... Can anyone give me help on making sure the old content is not remembered after an update.

Comments

  1. The issue you're describing was reported multiple times:
    https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-11728
    https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-13153
    quality.embarcadero.com - System Dashboard - Embarcadero Technologies - Log in - Embarcadero Technologies

    In fact, Embarcadero thinks that it is not an issue at all, rather "function as designed" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Updating doesn't happen because your app doesn't overwrite the html file you're supplying when you do an update of the app (via Testflight/Google Play Beta) and not even when you deploy the app via the Rad Studio IDE.

    The code, responsible for this sits in the System.StartUpCopy unit, which can be found in the uses section of your .dpr file. This unit contains CopyStartUpFiles() method, called in initialization section (so it executes right after you start an application (please correct me if I'm wrong)). This method is responsible for fetching deployed files from application package (.ipa or .apk) and placing them into the apps directory.

    Possible solution would be to exclude System.StartUpCopy from your project and write your own implementation for this, where all/certain deployed files are overwritten.

    I would be glad to know if there are other, less cumbersome solutions for this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My work around is to add an else condition to overwrite the file if it exists.

    actually you can remove the condition and just copy the files.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment