AnimateFloatWait seems to completely broken on android with the new update, AnimateFloat doesn’t seem to be affected though.

AnimateFloatWait seems to completely broken on android with the new update, AnimateFloat doesn’t seem to be affected though.

Would report it on QC but can’t remember my username or password... was hoping to release an app tomorrow but now having to debug/step through fix.ani.pas to try and find the issue... will create a report when I get time tomorrow.

Easy to reproduce, 1 button, 1 rectangle. On button click try and animate the rectangle with the above method. Freeze! Force Close :-(

If anyone has an idea of a quick fix for this it would be really appreciated.

Comments

  1. Further, it's because of changes to how timers are polled, i.e. the systems main looper is now used (via a Runnable), which means that because the "wait" loop happens on the same thread, the timer never fires (which is why I thought that it had somehow "stopped"). I've added a comment to the report which links to a workaround I came up with where the goal was to make it as simple as possible, but still (hopefully) reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Nottage Hello David(sorry, my English is not good). I can't access the RSP (Jira show me an unexpected error: "We had some technical problems during your last operation.
    We deeply apologize for that :(")

    Could you send me / post the workaround solution?

    Thank you very much.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment