I like having the new features and components when Embarcadero releases new version, but I hate it when they introduce bugs where there was none. From 10.2.0 to 10.2.1 (or .2) they introduced 2 bugs and I still trying to figure out this second one.

I like having the new features and components when Embarcadero releases new version, but I hate it when they introduce bugs where there was none. From 10.2.0 to 10.2.1 (or .2) they introduced 2 bugs and I still trying to figure out this second one.

I have custom control made of multiple FMX controls (TPath, Rectangles, Layout and TLabel). My control, in 10.2.0, works without issue under windows and iOs. But with 10.2.1 (or .2) I have TLabel object that does not display.

If I change the order of creation of my label objects, then the label that does not display is different.

This is frustrating because it is for sure Delphi that has an issue but I cannot find a work around.

I will post an example later. But I thought I would ask just in case it rings a bell to someone.

Thank you

Comments

  1. Are you changing anything in the control at runtime, or is it all configured at design time? I use lots of 'custom' controls and frames and I've had problems changing things at runtime and often have to call Refresh to get the changes to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Controls are created in the Create function at runtime and then just changing the text property

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't understand why, but if I set the Text property while initializing the control, then it works. It gets updated during the paint as expected. I have no clue why it makes a difference. I do have the AutoSize set to True. So maybe when there is no Text yet and you set it to True the control is messed up. Well for now my problem is fixed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment