Has anyone come across this issue and know of a fix or workaround?

Has anyone come across this issue and know of a fix or workaround?

If I drop a TMemo onto an FMX project form and run on iOS, it works fine except using the cursor keys on my iPad hardware keyboard. I've had a few reports of this from users with other hardware keyboard types too.

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-16066

Changing Memo.ControlType to Platform (rather than Styled) fixes this issue but introduces a number of other problems for my users so I need to stay on the Styled control in this case.

I've debugged and noticed that [UIKeyboardImpl handleKeyEvent:executionContext] is triggered but this is next dispatched to Delphi, and none of the internally accessible Delphi library methods are called.
It's fine on Android and Windows.

I can't seem to get any further than this so wonder if anyone could offer advice how I might be able to work around this aside from switching to Platform styling?

Comments

  1. We implemented a workaround for this in styled controls at a company I used to worked for. It involved a bit of hackery in FMX.Platform.iOS, if memory serves correctly: revolving around the keyCommands method (of UIResponder). If you're interested, the guy I used to work with might have the details tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Nottage that would be superb! I don’t mind hacking the internal sources - seems to be a regular thing with Berlin to keep it running and current.
    Anything you can find out would be incredibly helpful, thanks David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris Pimlott Can you send me an email that I can reply to? My address is: davidn at radsoft fullstop com period au

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment