I must be missing some but I cannot put SynEdit controls on a C++ Builder form (in a C++ Project), they are just not available from the palette yet they are available for a Delphi Form (in a Delphi Project).

I must be missing some but I cannot put SynEdit controls on a C++ Builder form (in a C++ Project), they are just not available from the palette yet they are available for a Delphi Form (in a Delphi Project).

Are these components somehow built to be Delphi only?

Comments

  1. If you are on a recent version of Delphi the Synedit fork github.com - TurboPack-Tokyo/SynEdit should support C++.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve downloaded a snapshot (2.1.0) as I had a live Git copy. I’ll uninstall the old one and compile the new tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I fixed the problem as follows:
    1) Downloaded the latest release 2.1.0 Beta;
    2) Fixed the Design Time Package as it would not compile 2 units (I commented them out);
    3) Ensured that both Runtime and Design Time Packages generated C++ files (this was not set in the options);
    4) Compiled;
    5) Installed...
    And hey presto it not works.
    A little disappointed that however setup the 10.2 Tokyo packages obviously didn't try a clean build on them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment