Looking for some simple answers to what may not be simple questions.

Looking for some simple answers to what may not be simple questions.

Hoping to use DevExpress grid export for Excel, and the DevExpress Printing System for PDF. Been exploring the demos, and also on youtube, but I need to know, on the Printing System, can it help me if I need data in the report from multiple grids? And from other sources?

In particular, I must present a standardized page header and footer, and in some cases, formatted data from multiple grids. We have been using ReportBuilder for this, but it is difficult on that path to exploit advanced features of the DevExpress Quantum Grids.

Comments

  1. Bill Meyer dx grids datasources can be used as data sources for report grids and dx grids column settings as initial visual settings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexander Sviridenkov All fine, but I am trying to deal with banded grids and the possibility of users moving columns. Extracting what I need in order to drive a report in ReportBuilder is twisting my poor brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now i get the column thing. You can react to mouse actions within the report on the preview i FR and "move/change" stuff. You can also give your users acces tobthe designer but with the rilled out report (yes). If it suits your needs i can not tell.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment