Do you use "Align with margins" and if yes, what are the usual margins?

Comments

  1. 6 or 8 pixels, depending on the use case. (at 100% scale, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grid is 2x2. If I use "Align with margins", they are usually 4, 6, or 8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does that mean that nobody uses the default, which is 3?
    (I know i I never did, but i thought maybe I'm just different from anybody else.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never use 3. It just does not fit anywhere. It is a half of margin at best and then it is the wrong one - it should be 4. But even when 4 as half would do, I prefer using whole value on one side and 0 on another.

    I rarely use 6 as margin, I use it mostly as a form padding. On rare occasions when I use 6 as margin there are no other controls around where 3 could act as a half.

    Actually, I hate the whole align with margins thingy along with the default margin value of 3.

    Additional boolean just does not make sense, and default margin value should be 0. At least, I would not have to override ALL margin values when I need to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use align with margins a lot to let controls float into position. My normal margins are 5/10

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use it a lot to align panels, mostly value 5. But I do have a couple of smaller icons that use value 3, since 5 would be too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use it all of the time. Value is 8 most of the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment