I have a question about the use of branches in GIT. I've been working on a small project to migrate my JEDI VCS version control information to GIT and while writing the application I've tried to embrace some of the GitFlow ideas (branches for master, development, features, bugs, etc).

I have a question about the use of branches in GIT. I've been working on a small project to migrate my JEDI VCS version control information to GIT and while writing the application I've tried to embrace some of the GitFlow ideas (branches for master, development, features, bugs, etc).

So far, once I've finished with a sub-branch for a bug or feature I've merged it into the development branch and then deleted the branch from the GIT repo. I wondered on the train this morning as to whether there is any benefit from leaving these branches in the system as flags for when changes were introduced. I know GIT can do tags - would that be a better mechanism?

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Comments

Post a Comment