Indy10, TIdSMTP, how to get protocol log?

Indy10, TIdSMTP, how to get protocol log?

I try to get log from SMTP communication, like this (copy from wiki):

{code}
S: 220 smtp.example.com ESMTP Postfix
C: HELO relay.example.com
S: 250 smtp.example.com, I am glad to meet you
C: MAIL FROM:
S: 250 Ok
C: RCPT TO:
S: 250 Ok
C: RCPT TO:
S: 250 Ok
C: DATA
S: 354 End data with .
C: From: "Bob Example"
C: To: Alice Example
C: Cc: theboss@example.com
C: Date: Tue, 15 January 2008 16:02:43 -0500
C: Subject: Test message
{code}

but without success :-(

I try use many events from TIdSMTP, TIdLogEvent, TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL but result is low level like bytes, status etc. not true SMTP log.

How to do it?

Comments

  1. I need delphi solution, for my log included in app. And of course I need log SSL conversation too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try using TIdLogFile like it is shown here? (It is the first hit in Google) For me it created readable logfiles. rajapet.com - How to log the TIDSmtp component

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rik van Kekem Thanks! I need to set LogEvent.Active: = True! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment