It was just me being stupid and not checking my version, because the description of the patch clearly states:

It was just me being stupid and not checking my version, because the description of the patch clearly states:

This patch for RAD Studio 10.2.2 (build 2004 — it won’t work on build 1978) resolves some compatibility issues in the RTL and fixes a problem with Android animations. It is designed to be installed only on top of an existing RAD Studio 10.2.2 Tokyo installation.

I downloaded and installed the correct version and the patch worked fine.

Comments

  1. I cannot reproduce with the steps given, but I tested on a system where only the revised patch was installed. So this might still be related to something special with your system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas Mueller Yes i did piggyback on to your support issue and found out that a few files were missing from the hotfix. So my issue was resolved with FireDAC. I would suggest next time reach out directly to Marco in which case i did and he helped to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uwe Raabe I have just switched to the patched rtl.dcp file and cannot compile a project with use runtime packages. "Never-build package 'vcl' must be recompiled". When I change back to the old one, it compiles. So it is definitely reproducible on my system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas Mueller Which rtl250.bpl are you using? Mine is dated February 8th, 2018. Do you find copies of older ones in your search path?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uwe Raabe There are two different versions:
    * a Win32 version with a size of 10799984 bytes located in .\bin and .\redist\win32
    * a Win64 version with a size of 14294896 bytes located in bin64 and redist\win64

    Both have the date 2018-02-08 and a file version of 25.0.29589.2278

    The two copies in bin(64) and redist\win32/64 respectively are identical.

    My search path includes the bin directory first, followed by the bpl (output) directory and then the bin64 directory last. I have removed the bpl\win64 directory to prevent the path from getting too long.

    So, the IDE should always find the Win32 version in .\bin first.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment