We’re having a problem with the Delphi IDE running in Parallels Desktop (Berlin but it’s the same on Tokyo) and wonder if anyone knew of a workaround or config change that fixes it?

We’re having a problem with the Delphi IDE running in Parallels Desktop (Berlin but it’s the same on Tokyo) and wonder if anyone knew of a workaround or config change that fixes it?

When we scroll down with a gesture on the MacBook trackpad or Magic Mouse, it scrolls straight to the bottom of the editor. Scrolling up is fine, and it doesn’t do this in Bootcamp so assume it’s related to Parallels. I don’t have this problem with any other application either which is odd, yet both me and my coworker have the same problem on different machines.

I guess this must be a pretty common setup so wonder if anyone else has had this and managed to fix it?

Comments

  1. Good to know the workaround. I am mainly in VMware land because of interoperability, and a keyboard groupie because of RSI, but this allows me to help more mouse centric people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For everyone with a similar issue, I turned off Smooth Scrolling as suggested and the scrolling-to-bottom problem has been fixed. So far I haven't noticed any negative impact in any other program of doing this, so all good! Thanks Andre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris Pimlott I have no idea. I've never used a Bootcamp partition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment