I think we have a bug in the 64-bit debugger in Tokyo (also happens in 10.2.3). Notice in the watch list all the Internal Error: SY7671, and It can't display the values? Not even the tooltips. I know there are values in there, because Codesight can show them.


I think we have a bug in the 64-bit debugger in Tokyo (also happens in 10.2.3). Notice in the watch list all the Internal Error: SY7671, and It can't display the values? Not even the tooltips. I know there are values in there, because Codesight can show them.

Now, this works in XE5, so it probably broke after this. I uninstalled Berlin and Seattle, but since we use XE5 I thought it would be wise to keep it on the machine. I guess to debug the code, I'll have to use XE5.

Comments

  1. David Millington Debugging on Win64 is a non-starter for me. My app is multi-threaded. Basic debugging of a simple app is fine. As soon as you hit a real world app it falls over. We've had this conversation before. You know that we aren't making any of this up. If you want to address this you'd need to find a way to get a reproduction yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Heffernan I don't doubt you or anyone, including Mike. We spent many months working on that debugger bug and I know there are still issues. But, "you'd need to find a way to get a reproduction yourself" is where it gets tricky: we have a multitude of tests that do not show these errors. As with any bug reports in software, any software, for complex situations we need to ask for repro test cases.

    And, we have ongoing work improving this. Every release, the debugger is better. For those whose bugs we've solved, that's great - we do want to solve yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used our records that we used in our application, and I can't replicate the bug (these records are huge). I don't think we want to include all our code. I'll keep on trying to replicate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment