Is there any way to force case sensitivity in Delphi (XE, 10, 10.1, 10.2) source code?

Comments

  1. I do not believe so. Why do you need this? You could format your source with the in-built formatter to get consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a greek letters in my code and I need to use both lower and upper case delta (δ, Δ) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not possible I believe. "case insensitivity is a much more human being friendly design choice" (https://blog.codinghorror.com/the-case-for-case-insensitivity/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, you shouldn't use non-ascii characters for anything inside your code other than string literals. Even if the language actually supports it. It is much worse than bad formatting or bad variable naming. I doubt that the majority of external tools seeing that code could cope with that either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uwe Raabe I agree... but a friend of mine, for whom is this code, is not a programmer. For him greek letters that make up the known equations, are much more understandable;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment