I recently downloaded and installed the Starter edition of Delphi, and I was going through one of the tutorials, "Using the IDE" (http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/Tutorial:_Using_the_IDE) and ran into a few problems compiling it. I get the following errors:
I recently downloaded and installed the Starter edition of Delphi, and I was going through one of the tutorials, "Using the IDE" (http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/Tutorial:_Using_the_IDE) and ran into a few problems compiling it. I get the following errors:
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(97): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TDeleteOption'
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(97): E2029 ']' expected but identifier 'MoveCaret' found
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(131): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TDialogServiceSync'
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(131): E2066 Missing operator or semicolon
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(184): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TDialogServiceSync'
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(184): E2066 Missing operator or semicolon
[dcc32 Fatal Error] TextEditor.dpr(6): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'TextEditorUnit.pas'
I've double-checked the spelling and I don't see any typos, it appears to match exactly the code in the tutorial. But here are the three lines flagged by the compiler:
097: Editor.DeleteFrom(Editor.CaretPosition, 1, [TDeleteOption.MoveCaret]);
131: UserResponse := TDialogServiceSync.MessageDialog(
184: UserResponse := TDialogServiceSync.MessageDialog(
Am I missing something, or is the tutorial no longer working correctly? Is it because I'm using the starter edition and I'm missing some libraries or something?
Thanks.
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(97): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TDeleteOption'
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(97): E2029 ']' expected but identifier 'MoveCaret' found
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(131): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TDialogServiceSync'
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(131): E2066 Missing operator or semicolon
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(184): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TDialogServiceSync'
[dcc32 Error] TextEditorUnit.pas(184): E2066 Missing operator or semicolon
[dcc32 Fatal Error] TextEditor.dpr(6): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'TextEditorUnit.pas'
I've double-checked the spelling and I don't see any typos, it appears to match exactly the code in the tutorial. But here are the three lines flagged by the compiler:
097: Editor.DeleteFrom(Editor.CaretPosition, 1, [TDeleteOption.MoveCaret]);
131: UserResponse := TDialogServiceSync.MessageDialog(
184: UserResponse := TDialogServiceSync.MessageDialog(
Am I missing something, or is the tutorial no longer working correctly? Is it because I'm using the starter edition and I'm missing some libraries or something?
Thanks.
Comments
Post a Comment