Moving to Windows Active Directory - gotchas?

Moving to Windows Active Directory - gotchas?

Hello all,

our IT department is moving all standalone Windows accounts to Active Directory. Our developers (of which I'm one) often work offline/offsite so we need to be able to work within and outside of the domain; I guess that means that we'll have two accounts each (one domain, one "regular").

I would be grateful if developers working under similar constellations would share their insight. Are there any gotchas? Do I need to re-register my Delphi versions? If I install components, are they available to all accounts on my PC or do I need to tweak any paths ?

Comments

  1. You can use your domain account offline too. But you can login with latest used account on your computer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our IT departmaet moved our Windows accounts to Active Directory as well. I have not had any problem so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should not see any issues after the move to AD as long as you still log in with the same account as before. You can use the same account offline and online with your company network. If working remotely, you need a proper VPN solution for securing the connection.
    If your computer is under strict AD control - it may have policy management, so your IT department will be able to set rules for what kind of networks you will be allowed to use. Your IT department would normally inform about these things?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment