Hello everyone.

Hello everyone.
I am writing a BLE application in Delphi which communicates with my embedded prototypes. The app works quite well on iOS devices, but I have some very strange issues:
1. Writecharacteristic takes about 5 seconds to execute. I found this reference on Embarcadero's forum: https://community.embarcadero.com/answers/ble-unexplained-delay-while-writecharacteristic-xe8

I think the problem has to do with Android's WRITE_TYPE_NO_RESPONSE VS WRITE_TYPE_DEFAULT. Has anyone had success in getting WriteCharacteristics to execute faster on Android?

2. If I connect to a device, download it(about 10,000 bytes), disconnect, connect to another device and attempt to download, the data rate goes down significantly. If I exit the app and restart it, the faster data rate returns.

I don't see these issues on my iOS build. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to address these problems?

Thanks,

Marty

https://community.embarcadero.com/answers/ble-unexplained-delay-while-writecharacteristic-xe8

Comments