I have to add a REST service to an android app I've created so I've opened the project and then I did File > New > Other > Data Module. Inside the data module there are the REST components so I separate UI logic from code logic.

I have to add a REST service to an android app I've created so I've opened the project and then I did File > New > Other > Data Module. Inside the data module there are the REST components so I separate UI logic from code logic.

In Project > Options the data module IS in the Auto-create form part. Inside the TForm1.FormCreate procedure I have written:

//the data module is called DataModuleF1
//declared as TDataModuleF1 = class(TDataModule)
if not Assigned(DataModuleF1) then
DataModuleF1 := TDataModuleF1.Create(Application);

DataModuleF1.DoSomething;

If the data module is in Auto-create, why I have to write the if cond? I mean, if I removed the if statement I would get an error. Is the creation with the constructor needed even if it's auto created in the project properties?

Of course withoud the call to "DataModuleF1.DoSomething;" I won't have to use the if. Thank you!



Comments

  1. Make sure the line in the DPR file that creates the datamodule comes before the line that creates the form.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment