I'm having a problem with Firemonkey XE8 on Windows 10, I'm wondering if someone can do a very quick test with XE8 and/or the latest Tokyo release.

I'm having a problem with Firemonkey XE8 on Windows 10, I'm wondering if someone can do a very quick test with XE8 and/or the latest Tokyo release.

1. Create a new Firemonkey 2d blank application.
2. Place a TRectangle on the form and set DragMode to Automatic.
3. Open a Windows Explorer window. (to help with step 5)
4. Run the app and drag the rectangle outside of the form. The crash happens while dragging, before any drop occurs. (Edited to add: Drag over the desktop)
5. Observe if Windows Explorer (desktop shell) restarts. If it does the Windows Explorer window created in step 3 probably won't be recreated.

More info: On my Windows 7 dev machine, the problem does not seem to happen. On my Windows 10 Surface, the windows explorer shell crashes and restarts, but it doesn't interrupt the drag operation.

Comments

  1. Does not blow up on the latest Tokyo release and Win10 1803.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neal Campbell Thanks! Was that dragging over the desktop?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment