Are there any videos (not written stuff, but actual videos) that show how you'd set up and use the built-in versioning in Tokyo IDE with a gitlab repo? Especially for multiple team members to work with the same repo.

Are there any videos (not written stuff, but actual videos) that show how you'd set up and use the built-in versioning in Tokyo IDE with a gitlab repo? Especially for multiple team members to work with the same repo.

Everything I've seen is sort of like: "This is a key. You insert the key into the lock and turn it this way. Then you can turn the knob and open the door. And there you go. Welcome to your file warehouse."

I want to see how people actually set things up in the warehouse and work with them as a team over time. Not how to turn the knob, open the door, and set a box of stuff inside the door.

We have a hosted gitlab site at work, and very few tools I've found work with hosted sites. We're having trouble getting Dephi's IDE to work with it. I keep getting my backups scrambled up and can't seem to undo things. One of my colleagues insists we need to use Microsoft's Visual Studio Code tool because it's more stable than the Tokyo IDE ... and it's free, unlike the most popular git GUI tools.

I've also got a few git books, and they're great at explaining the command-line commands. What they totally miss for me is the "bigger picture" of how this is supposed to work for a team IRL. Not to mention that the vast majority of the time we're using the same small set of git functions.

Comments

  1. David Schwartz : I presume that is a reply to my msg. Using Windows makes no difference. I use Windows at work too. At my previous job we also had a mixed environment (Windows and Macs). Still no reason why you must use Git like a Client /Server environment and also no reason you can't use Git via the CLI (that's what I do, no matter the OS).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Thuma : TeamCoherence... Wow, talk about a blast from the past! :-) Do they still exist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Schwartz I use a Macbook Pro with Delphi running in a VM, but have shared folders so I can use SourceTree from the Mac. Has worked well that way for years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment