Hello!

Hello!

I am a long time Delphi and C++ developer. My colleagues at work suggested me to learn C# because they said it is a "mix" of delphi and c++; in particular they said that C# share A LOT of things that delphi has. Googling around (curiosty) I've seen in fact that:

- C# has a very similar threading library (Tasks (run/stop/wait), Monitor class and the class System.Threading in general (same name as delphi)).
- C# has attributes like delphi
- C# has diagnostics like delphi
- C# has sturctures like delphi (TDictionary, Queue, Stack, IEnumerables and other Collections
- C# has datetime/timezone like delphi

and a lot more that my collegagues told me! I don't wanna use c++ for cross platform because I don't like Qt. I use delphi for destkop and cross platform BUT firemonkey and delphi's quality (for mobile) is dying.

They suggested me to move to C# because it will be easy to learn since I know well delphi and c++. Please let's NOT START A DISCUSSION ON "what's the best language?".
I just ask: is C# really easy to learn if you already know c++ and delphi? and is C# really that similar to delphi?

My colleagues said that Xamarin has its problems but it's waay better than firemonkey for cross platform, C# is very powerful (idk) and it's the best cross platform so far. Xamarin has problems as well but it's far above firemonkey. Do you have any experience?

Thanks, Emilia

Comments

  1. Well what i meant was if you are going to start something new then you can look at these options as well. C# is really a nice language i use C# and Delphi everyday sometimes bit of Java script in form of Node Js. If i have to start out new i will stick to Java script frame work

    ReplyDelete
  2. VIk vasudev yes, well, I wouldn't, I love type safety. If I ever need to start a web project again I think I'd use Kotlin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment